5000 acres of private land. All yours for one of the best woodcock hunting in Quebec!
This vast leased territory is a choice nesting area and migrating route for the woodcocks. The hunting results have always been to the rendez-vous. To maintain this ideal situation, we take a limited number of hunters year after year. Some of our hunters have been coming back for the last 15 years; they know that the hunting pressure has always been kept to a minimum and the bagging results are there to prove it.
This huge territory is regrouping numerous wilderness areas and farm lands which allows us to keep the hunting pressure at a minimum because these different hunting sites are visited only once a week and some only every two weeks. This rotation system permits the migration to take place with very little disturbance.
This type of management has been very beneficial over the years and producing hunting results which we are proud of. Since the very beginning of our hunting operations, we have always kept records of all the birds seen and harvested by each hunter that have hunted at Le Pavillon de l’Orignal.
We like to accommodate groups of 3 to 4 hunters who will be accompanied by one of our qualified and experienced guide. With his help and knowledge, you will see between 15 to 30 birds rises on a day to day basis. You will also be able to test your shooting ability on our ruffed grouse partridges which are also present on our territories. Your dogs will have a great time sneaking on them and bringing back to their masters these magnificent birds.
At Le Pavillon de l’Orignal, the woodcock hunting takes place during the last two weeks of September and the first three of October.
- Shuttle service at the airport for plane travellers only
- Upon arrival at le Pavillon, you will be invited to participate to a little get together and enjoy our traditional happy hour
- Lodging will take place in one of our countryside cabins
- All meals will be included during your complete stay
- Hunting activities are all taken care of
- Shuttle service to the airport upon return is also included
- Air fares
- Alcohol beverages
- Hunting gears
- Hunting permits
- Gunfire declaration for non residents
- Raingears, booths
You must know and remember
- Bring your national hunting permit (n.r.)
- Your dog(s) have to be vaccinated against rabies at least one month before you depart and less than one year before you return. For your convenience, we have on premises 4 Brittany Spaniel that are fully trained and very effective.
- For security purposes, hunting snowshoes hares is prohibited
- Number 10,11,12, disco and cubic shots are prohibited
- People accompanying hunters can go hunting or it is also possible for them to visit picturesque places or quite simply to spend one day to make shopping in Mont-Laurier or Maniwaki.
- Seven overnights and 6 full hunting days
Method of payment
- 50% deposit is requested at the reservation
- The balance is payable 30 days before the arrival
Dr Alain Bansaye (France)
06-09-82-27-08 (after 8:00 P.M. or Saturday afternoon)
M. Christophe Lesbats (France)
Restaurant les Rozeaux, Seignosse
06-32-60-73-61 ou 05-58-72-80-30
M. Éric Millet (France)
06-58-05-03-11 ou 05-58-91-57-03